Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Don't Forget the Camera!

Getting ready to celebrate my father-in-laws Surprise 80th birthday party, we are gathering pictures. Now, now I am the family photographer. Everyone laughs at me because no matter the occasion, I have the camera. However, that apparently was not the case back in the day. Trying to find those unique pics, of everyday events are few and hard to come by. Even though I have boxes of them. Now I have those posed pic, that everyone has, but as I said, we all have them. Boxes and Boxes of them! In this blog, my lesson I have learned and I hope that we all do, is: use the camera, cell phone, whatever your choice is and get in the picture. Get those candid shots. Get the everyday moments. Don't wait until your parents are in their 70's & 80's to finally decide to take pics of them with you. Do it early and frequently and with all members of your family. Individual pics the fun moments.

My definition (not Websters)
     PICTURES - Memories that will be able to be shared 40 years from now.

Enjoy and be So Scrappy!

Sheila

P.S. If you place a Close to My Heart order this month - November- of $25 in acrylic stamps, you can purchase a $18 stamp set for only $5. If you order $50 in myacrylic stamp sets

2 comments:

  1. Terrific advice, Sheila! I really like your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading your "About Me," and thought I'd share the following:

    If you go into "Design" and under "Add a Gadget" add a "Picture," you will be able to add a button like the one I have on my blog plus add your code http://sheilawilson.myctmh.com in the "link" space. Click save and you'll have added a way for people to shop with you. If you want the button I have, simply click on my button and save it as a picture to your computer. Then, when you go to add that gadget, you'll load the picture where the directions say to.

    If you'd like a little more info on how to do this, you can email me directly at my blog: http://brendafrerichs.blogspot.com . I'll be happy to help. :-)

    ReplyDelete